Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

upgrading old alienware laptop, mother board - P3PW4K1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scared_um_nom_nom

Scared_um_nom_nom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

alright, long shot here. as said in the title i nee to upgrade an old alienware, its a 2009 model running P3PW4K1 (motherboard). my question is am i able to change the CPU from and intel core 2 quad to an AMD? 

the second part to this is will the motherboard support a better GPU and graphics card? it is running a Nividia VGA at the moment... 

if the answer is no to both, then how would replace the mother board to make these changes? 

any answers would be great, cheers. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

No on both and modifications to the motherboard and GPU are practically impossible on a laptop.

Best thing to do if you want new hardware is to get another machine.

At best you could pop a solid state drive in there and up your memory but thats about it

Edited by MadmanRB, 04 January 2018 - 02:31 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users