Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video/audio synchronizing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

Hi, I am stuck on transferring videos from my satellite tv receiver, using an August VGB 100 usb capture adaptor stick with Arcsoft Showbiz software.

Having transferred a video to my pc, in an mp4 file, I use Wondershare video converter ULTIMATE to make a mpeg2 file.

As you can see, I'm a novice with this technology and my problem is Audio synchronizing with the video pictures.

I have read that MPEG 2 files are something like 3/4 milliseconds lagging and I tried using VLC media player to try to speed up the delay but so far haven't worked out how this is done.

I also am confused with Win7 H.P., listing video files as either MPG or mpg.

Would very much some guidance with this project

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

The caps for a file extension, at least in this case, does not matter.  Both denote the same type of file.  You can verify this by checking your file extensions via Folder Options (Explorer view).

My experiences with lack of synchronization between audio and video...is that some of it may be due to the medium from which one is recording.  A few weeks ago, I noted that the broadcast from NBA-TV...is often not synchronized (for whatever reason) and therefore any game which recorded when such is the case...is going to be out of sync.

For the most part, I have just accepted the lack of synchronization as not being worth any effort to correct.

Others Take A Different Approach.

This is not an O/S problem...if anything, it's a software or source-of-recording problem, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users