Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Freezing after short use (update:now immediately after W10 loads)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nobodysleeps

nobodysleeps

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for the time. I just built a computer for my daughter for Christmas so she could play Overwatch and LoL with the fam. in the last several days it has started freezing. A total lock. Sound cuts off and the screen freezes. No BSOD and we can only click the reset button. I can play a full match of Overwatch, PUBG and it can last on from anywhere between 20 minutes to 2 hours before it just locks up randomly. It's a guaranteed lock during a League of Legends match it seems. 

Some More info that makes me paranoid:

From the time I finished building it up to a week after we gifted it to her there were no freezes. I had to keep it on for very long sessions because of windows updates.

The GTX1050 i got for it in the first place NEVER worked. It wouldn't send a signal. I tried 3 other graphics cards that needed supplemental power and they have all worked.

Before I realized ASrock's motherboard needs the ram in A2 and B2 slots and not A1 and B1, I took out the CPU to make sure I put it in right. as I put it back in I was worried a smudge of paste got on a pin which I wiped off..but of course I'm just terrified this is an issue, even thought it had worked just fine since.

when I tried installing the USB3.0 connection from the case, one of the pins got bend and broke off. so i've removed that connection. ( I know it's a crap show).

My RAM sticks are not on the QVL.

Windows Memory Diagnostic came up with no errors.

AMD RYZEN 3 1300X 4-Core 3.5 GHz (3.7 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD130XBBAEBOX Desktop Processor

ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

ADATA 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory - Gold Edition Model ...

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD 3GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1 110-B1-0750-VR 80+ BRONZE 750W Semi Modular

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM

Windows10 64bit fully updated

Some More info that makes me paranoid:

From the time I finished building it up to a week after we gifted it to her there were no freezes. I had to keep it on for very long sessions because of windows updates.

The GTX1050 i got for it in the first place NEVER worked. It wouldn't send a signal. I tried 3 other graphics cards that needed supplemental power and they have all worked.

Before I realized ASrock's motherboard needs the ram in A2 and B2 slots and not A1 and B1, I took out the CPU to make sure I put it in right. as I put it back in I was worried a smudge of paste got on a pin which I wiped off..but of course I'm just terrified this is an issue, even thought it had worked just fine since.

when I tried installing the USB3.0 connection from the case, one of the pins got bend and broke off. so i've removed that connection. ( I know it's a crap show).

My RAM sticks are not on the QVL.

Windows Memory Diagnostic came up with no errors.

--------------

A few hours after I wrote this post up but before actually making this post the situation became very dire. The PC is now freezing immediately after startup. On one of the restart attempts I went in and just clicked to do a system restore. It froze during this. Now it won't even let me try to repair or restore before it freezes. It's a brick. I've put in one stick of ram at a time, no dice. About to slot in RAM from another PC to see if it works this way.

Any and all help appreciated.

Edited by nobodysleeps, 03 January 2018 - 06:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nobodysleeps

nobodysleeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

stayed up long enough to get a sysnative file

Attached Files

Edited by nobodysleeps, 03 January 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:
- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.
- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).

And here's the analysis:

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P3.30) dates from 2017.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Beyond that, it's uncertain if this is a hardware or a software issue.
Running Driver Verifier may help ( http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html )
If you choose to do this, I will analyze the memory dump, but will answer no further questions (because of the piracy issue).

In order to rule out hardware:

My suggested way to diagnose a hardware problem (3 steps):

Step #1)  Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
    Please run ALL of the tests.
    FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
        2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
        3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
        4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
        5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
        6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
          - A - simtek.org memtest
          - B - Video memory stress test
          - C - Artifact Locator
          - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
          - E - Video Memory Stress Test
        7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

Step #2)  If all the tests pass, then try to perform a clean install of Windows:

A clean install is:
        - Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
        - The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
        - Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
        - NO 3rd party software is installed.
        - There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
        Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image.  You can also do this if you don't want to try another hard drive - yet you want to be able to return to the current system state.
        One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them [:(]
        Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
        But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
        The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
        You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
        - rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
        - rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
        - so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Step #3)  Then, if the clean install confirms the hardware problem, try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Wed Jan  3 18:23:22.360 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\010318-18343-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 16299 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 16299.15.amd64fre.rs3_release.170928-1534
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:15.977
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+ff )
BugCheck EF, {ffff9301af2eb1c0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffff9301af2eb1c0, Process object or thread object
Arg2: 0000000000000000, If this is 0, a process died. If this is 1, a thread died.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xEF
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xEF_csrss.exe_BUGCHECK_CRITICAL_PROCESS_af3ba700_nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak
  BIOS Version                  P3.30
  BIOS Release Date             11/10/2017
  Manufacturer                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASRock
  Product Name                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Product             AB350M Pro4
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Wed Jan  3 18:23:22.360 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKsl0099247c.sys           Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
amdgpio3.sys                Mon Mar 14 06:19:36 2016 (56E69038)
amdgpio2.sys                Tue Aug  9 06:05:07 2016 (57A9AAD3)
rt640x64.sys                Fri Oct  7 05:24:19 2016 (57F769C3)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Feb 14 09:22:56 2017 (58A312C0)
amdpsp.sys                  Mon Jun  5 17:25:16 2017 (5935CC3C)
nvhda64v.sys                Thu Sep 14 05:55:42 2017 (59BA521E)
AMDPCIDev.sys               Tue Sep 19 01:50:06 2017 (59C0B00E)
nvvad64v.sys                Tue Sep 19 04:38:04 2017 (59C0D76C)
nvlddmkm.sys                Fri Dec 15 17:17:15 2017 (5A3449EB)

MpKsl0099247c.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
amdgpio3.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
amdgpio2.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdpsp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
AMDPCIDev.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

XXXXX
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users