Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't connect monitor via displayport

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wonderland78

wonderland78

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

Not sure if this is an internal issue (graphics card) or external (monitor/cable).

So I have a GTX 1060 and juggling display ports. I need one HDMI for monitor and one for VR/2nd monitor. To save swapping cables I thought I'd connect one of the monitors via the GPU's DisplayPort.

I get 'no signal'.

No idea if it's because I have to enable something with the GPU. This is the first time I've ever used a DisplayPort/cable so I could be missing something obvious. Or perhaps it's common to find DP cables that just don't work.

Here's the model: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B005H3Q59U/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Seems some of the reviews are saying it didn't work for them but overall I bought it because it was well reviewed. Like I say, I've never hooked up a monitor this way before so it could be something obvious.

Edited by wonderland78, 03 January 2018 - 01:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

It should really just work.  Make sure the input on the monitor is set to DisplayPort is all I can suggest.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 wonderland78

wonderland78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

yeah I've requested a return. Will get a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users