Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fyi: Fix For Kb925486 Annoyance (locked Taskbar)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:21 PM

In case anyone is puzzled, ever since yesterday came the M$ fix, I could not see my icons on the left side of the task bar. Things like Notepad, Word, few others. And I faught and faught, and it didn't work. I just could not put those icons back in. Here's a solution in case someone else gets this annoyance really annoying. The darn thing was locked.
http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/667

The icons are now scrambled, not the sequence I put them in, and M$ added few I never need, but at least I don't have to keep figuring out how to run windows explorer or Notepad :thumbsup: any more. And rearranging the left to right sequence isn't a big deal.

Another gift was that whereas I always have file details enabled, they change to huge pictures of files, an utterly worthless view in my opinion (no date, no filesize). That pest seems to occur with some, but not all, M$ improvements. I don't know why they have to mess with the way I like to see my stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users