Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is the graphic card broken??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ogasdd

ogasdd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

I recently got ASUS GTX 1060 3gb https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126208 during thanksgiving week...
Unfortunately not knowing Newegg ships to PAYPAL address, i paid through PAYPAL and since it went to DIFFERENT address I just manged to get get my hands on it.

My computer spec right now is..
Rampage III Black Edition
Intel Core i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GH
16gb RAM
GTX 750ti. 

Now when I replace 750ti with 1060 it device does not show up on display adapter.
1060 initially worked but computer for some reason went black and motherboard showed error code 40.
I rebooted computer and my computer will no longer pick up gtx 1060.
It disappeared in device manager as well.
When I view hidden devices it shows both 750ti & 1060 and checked update.
I am 100% it has power since it lights up white.
I tried inserting the graphic card to different slot but it does not want to work for me again.

Did the graphic card break already or is there something else I can try??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

Did you uninstall the old graphic drivers and install the new ones? Set your computer back to its original state, with the 750ti installed and the 1060 not installed. Run Display Driver Uninstaller WHILE IN SAFE MODE. Once the program finishes and the system is rebooted, shut it down and replace the 750ti with the 1060.

Once the system has rebooted back into normal mode, download the current drivers for your system, direct link provided here. Do NOT go through Windows device manager and select 'Update'.

#3 ogasdd

ogasdd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:26 AM

So I did uninstall and reinstalled and plugged in and graphic card driver is updated. 1060 IS working but....  it is showing lower performances in games than my gtx 750ti with huge frame drops.

It is litterally impossible to play. I looked around and many were having same issue I am unsure if there is fix for it but it appears 1060 is working now.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

The one item the Speccy does not list and you haven't provided is the make and model of the PSU.  Please do so.  The minimum wattage of the PSU should be 400W.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users