Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wierd hard drive disconnecting then reconnecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scooter800m

scooter800m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

this problem is relatively new to me and i've never even heard of this problem before. i have 2 2tb hdds in my system one old one new. i got the new one to store my games on and i've run into an issue where the hdd seams to disconnect then reconnect itself, when it does so i become unable to close windows, and the computer becomes very sluggish to the point of feezing up. i let it sit like that for an hour to see if it was just processing something but still nadda. it has other problems but they shouldn't interect. the other big one being my ram running at ddr3 666mhz instead of 1366mhz (an old bios tweak i forget to change)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Which of the drives seems to be disconnecting? In that situation I'd first see if the SATA cables are making good connection at both ends (don't feel loose or wobbly, plug and unplug 2 or 3 times to wipe contacts), and if possible try different SATA cables. Alternatively, swap the SATA cables and see if the other drive then shows the problem.

For the DDR3 speeds, are you overlooking that DDR3-1333 is clocked at 667MHz, being Double Data Rate memory?

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users