Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel Refuses to Uninstall a Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charles88

Charles88

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hello,

my control panel does not allow to uninstall a program.( I know how to do it since I did it many times in the

past.)

I go to uninstall a program ,then I right click and usually it indicated UNINSTALL

Since today, when I right click on the program to be uninstalled  I notice a empty field ( Where it usually

says UNINSTALL ) 

Can  any body help with this issue >

Thank you

Charles 88

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bles16

bles16

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Hello!.

Ways in which I use to remove the programs, one is the one that you mention typical for all windows users, another way to remove programs is to locate the program access, either on the desktop or start menu and locate the program, followed from that right click and open file location. In the installation creates a folder in which as content shows all the files of it. For that, locate an application that says unistall. Another ccleaner install also gives the option to show the programs and uninstall.

Edited by bles16, 02 January 2018 - 06:04 PM.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,530 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:43 AM

Which program are you trying to uninstall?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

You can uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller program you can even force a program to uninstall with Revo Uninstaller program.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,530 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

You can uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller program you can even force a program to uninstall with Revo Uninstaller program.

Not always. For example Candy Crush and a few other stubborn Windows 10 apps are just going to be stuck.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 expatCanuck

expatCanuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Greetings -

New to Win 10 (and this forum).  Recently obtained a Dell XPS laptop.  Nice little laptop, but Win 10 ... well, it's gonna take some getting used to.

Found that Candy Crush, Minecraft and one or two other time-and-space-wasting bloatware programs were pre-installed.  First tried right-clicking on the programs in the Windows menu and clicked uninstall.  Seemed to work but, a little while later, they were back.  Tried uninstalling through the Control Panel - no luck.

After a some web searching, configured the Windows Firewall to disallow traffic to/from Windows Store.  Then I uninstalled via the right-click method.  The programs haven't returned. 

And I've since responded to a System Update message, and have downloaded the update, so critical updates appear to be making their way.

Can anyone advise whether there may be undesired consequences of effectively disabling the Windoze Store?  Is there a better way to banish bloatware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users