Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ram memtest help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 somethingelse

somethingelse

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

hi,pls see this results whether its dangerous coz when second time the results were nil error.

eror confidence interval- 227

lowest error 886.8mb 376da07c

highest eror 910.9mb 38efe87c

bits in error mask 00ff00000

bits in error - total 8

min 3 max 7 avg 5

test time was about jus 30-40 min,total error was 7 in test -1 and in all other test the eror was 0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

pull memory and then re-seat it in the slot.

run memory test again.  if you still have the errors then you have some bad ram.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

It is better to let it run for at least a couple of hours, some let it run all night. Do a net search you will run it longer.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

thanks for replying,but i am afraid to run my pc in test longer,afraid of overheat ,but wnen i continued to test it again ,it showed no error then i quit. what about the results i have posted above,how is it,does it seem a major props

Edited by somethingelse, 03 January 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

if you have overheating issues from just a memory test then you have a different issue you need to address first!  and heat can effect ram and other components on your motherboard.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

A short run will not always show faults, in order to get proper results you must run the tests much longer.  If you system is in fact getting hot from the tests you have a deeper problem.

Edited by OldPhil, 04 January 2018 - 10:57 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

after the test when i checked the temps in bios and other software like cpuid speccy etc. all shows in range of 35-43c ,but i am worried about south bridge northbridge which temps i cant see for my motherboard p5ql pro asus,when i touch them i found south bridge too hot,cant touch more than a sec,but northbridge can touch for 2-3 sec

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

If you have no faith in the temps reported in the BIOS and other reliable utilities...I would guess that touch-testing is not the correct way of determining if there is an overheating problem.

One alternative would be to take it to a shop and pay them to confirm the system-reported temps.

Louis

#9 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

the place i stay is notorious for faking a simple problem and always  charge a high fee provoking me to buy a new product,these people have no real knowledge here,i dont believe even pint of these so called technicians,tats why i keep on trying to solve my problems on my own till to my last all possible ways.

#10 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

i also dont know whether those chips are normal to be this hot,cant touch mroe than 2 sec (south bridge) ,cpu is cooler 35-41 if loaded,harddrive 40-43,motherboard as shown in softwares is 41, its just this south bridge i am afraid of,is surely more than 42c when i tried to sense it vth thermometer the max it shows is 42 and then it wil show high-its jus a body temperature thermometer,is this normal for southbridge to be this more ouch hotter,its asus p5ql pro if anyone missed this.thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users