Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you change the processor to a Lenovo C200 Aio?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ika

ika

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Hi, I have an Intel i3-7100 processor. I wonder if I can add it to the machine Lenovo C200 all in one. And how the RAM memory theme would look. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

Hi. I'm afraid not. The Lenovo C200 uses an old generation Intel Atom D525 processor.  These are low powered (13w) processors that were aimed at ultra small desktops and mobile.  They are soldered on to the motherboard (using a socket called BGA 559) and are to all intents and purposes, not upgradeable.  The i3-7100 is much more powerful desktop processor (both in terms of performance, and the power it draws and heat it puts out) which uses Socket 1151.  It's not compatible.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 ika

ika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Thank you very much, issue solved, greetings.

#4 ika

ika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Will the MSI h110m Pro-VH plus motherboard fit? Thanks a lot

#5 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

No, the C200 uses a proprietary motherboard and mounting system which is not compliant with ATX motherboards.

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Yeah it's not going to use a normal form factor.  If you are interested in a very small system that will take the i3-7100, things like the Asrock Deskmini may be worth looking at.  I have one (build shown here) - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/648468/walkthrough-of-mini-pc-build-with-pictures/ .  They can be VESA mounted on the back of a suitable monitor for a virtual all in one system.

Edited by jonuk76, 02 January 2018 - 08:04 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

How much ram does it have?  I have an Acer same basic specs, I got a decent boost upping the ram.  It will soon have an SSD, that should make it even more tolerable.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#8 ika

ika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

Thank you all very much. I contacted the Lenovo support and was told that there is no way to change it even changing the motherboard. Greetings to all and happy New Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users