Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer goes to American Megatrends screen e turns off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Merlovisk

Merlovisk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

I was using a monitor with HDMI cable plugged in my video card, a GTX 750ti, but it cracked so i took another monitor that only has VGA input. So i plugged it in the VGA input of the motherboard e turn on the computer but the monitor didn`t detected signal. In my third try the pc turn on but it turn off after a few seconds. So i plugged my cracked monitor and it showed the American Megatrends screen. I took off the RAM and the HD but nothing changed. The PC was working fine before that. I don`t now what else to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:00 AM

If you want to connect a monitor to the integrated graphics VGA then removing the (temporarily unwanted) graphics card will probably allow this (there may also be a way to select only the integrated graphics in the BIOS but removal of the card is simpler & there will be nothing to re-set when/if you refit the graphics card).

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

The unit may have faulted to the BIOS screen because it cannot find a suitable display.  I'd try booting with the VGA hooked up but using the function key, enter BIOS and make the adjustments to the display parameters there.  The cracked HDMI connector may have faulted the video circuit and is now faulting the power supply.

Edited by mjd420nova, 02 January 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#4 Merlovisk

Merlovisk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

If you want to connect a monitor to the integrated graphics VGA then removing the (temporarily unwanted) graphics card will probably allow this (there may also be a way to select only the integrated graphics in the BIOS but removal of the card is simpler & there will be nothing to re-set when/if you refit the graphics card).

The unit may have faulted to the BIOS screen because it cannot find a suitable display.  I'd try booting with the VGA hooked up but using the function key, enter BIOS and make the adjustments to the display parameters there.  The cracked HDMI connector may have faulted the video circuit and is now faulting the power supply.

I plugged a monitor in the video card with an adaptor an in the screen was written "USB device over current status detected" and i noticed that the two back USB ports are not working (The front and the back USB 3.0 are working fine)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users