Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best FREE vpn software for windows 10?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Hello.  Sorry if this is not the correct spot to post this.  What is the best free VPN service for windows 10?  I want to get a vpn service but im cheap and dont want to pay for it.  lol  thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdminPower

AdminPower

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

The opera web browser has a built in VPN. It is not perfect from a privacy perspective but is definitely a step above normal web browsing and also doesn't cost anything.

http://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn

#3 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

Or you could take a look at the deal section at this site. Sometimes there are good offers for lifetime vpn access there :)

https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/collections/tag-cyber-security?utm_source=bleepingcomputer.com&utm_medium=dd_cat

Hth

tfn

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

There is no best Free VPN.  If the it is free the cost is your information.  Stack Social frequently has VPN deals, some of them are lifetime.  Be aware that lifetime is sometimes the lifetime of the company.  Ideally you want a VPN service that doesn't keep logs.  You might also check if you can use it on your devices, not just your computer.  I've got ProXPN that I prefer, but also a number of others.

#5 Carpentry

Carpentry

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

There is no best Free VPN.  If the it is free the cost is your information.  Stack Social frequently has VPN deals, some of them are lifetime.  Be aware that lifetime is sometimes the lifetime of the company.  Ideally you want a VPN service that doesn't keep logs.  You might also check if you can use it on your devices, not just your computer.  I've got ProXPN that I prefer, but also a number of others.

ProXPN offers a free service. Tempted to try it as my first VPN trial run. Do you know how much it costs? Their website says from 6.25 a month but doesn't give anymore details about whats part of the 6.25 package.

Edited by Carpentry, 15 January 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Sorry Carpentry I don't know the cost for ProXPN.  I picked up a life time license a while back.  I don't use it very often, but have it when/if I need it.

#7 helengrin

helengrin

• Banned Spammer
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

I use proxy instead VPN on my windows 10 and I don't have any regrets, it works perfect. I think only proxy server can give you 99% security. I bought mine a few months ago at affordable price, it's easy in use and has unlimited traffic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users