Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Entry points for hijackiing and how to protect them

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bloomix

Bloomix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Hello everybody!

Since several weeks now I have the impression that some mean spirited person is trying (and succeeding) to access my Notepad (Windows 10).

First, I found additional entries on my modem. That stopped after several resets and password changes.

Then, I had the impression, that somebody was deliberately blocking my mouse movements, and also: an offline browsergame I sometimes play kept logging off for no apparent reason. I found a bluetooth process, switched it off (and disabled the bluetooth device), and those problems stopped. 

Now, I found a LAN process, which I haven´t noticed before and that has no business running, does it?

I mostly use the notepad at home, but it would be possible for someone to get as close as one meter through a storage room  with free access which is next to my apartment. Also, the panel for the internet and telefone connections can be accessed by any of the neighbors. Direct access to the modem or Notepad is rather improbable.

So, now I would like to know 

a) if my suspicions have any grounds

b) all the vulnerabilities and how to protect them.

Would a BIOS password help? Which Windows network settings provide better protection? Should I reinstall Windows?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Edited by Bloomix, 01 January 2018 - 02:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users