Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server 2003 AV checking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tns1

tns1

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

I have an HP media server based on windows 2003. No issues but I don't use it much. There aren't many AV tools that work on that platform. I ran a scan (eset online?) and it targeted one file, instmsiw.exe, that it claimed was injector.AGNP trojan. I copied that file off and submitted to virustotal. Only one of the dozens of AV engines thought it was bad. False positive? 

What other tools work on 2003? Will FRST work on this platform?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tns1

tns1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

I have run eset again (a month later) and this time it did not flag that file, so must be an FP on virustotal.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Yes if only one or a few flag it, I go with FP.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 tns1

tns1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

If ever suspected an infection, do you know if FRST will work on this platform?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

I am not certain.. Try it. If no joy start a topic there with your info above nd state that you cannot run FRST and they will help.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users