Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD- Memory Management FLTMGR.SYS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Aguro

Aguro

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Having BSOD regularly for a few days. Sometimes the computer would simply freeze and other times it shows BSOD error.

Following Details are provided for your analysis.
[If possible, kindly explain it a bit. I wish to learn more about understanding these errors.]

Basic info from BSOD viewer (https://ufile.io/t824i)

SysnativeFileCollectionApp Data can be downloaded from the link below

https://ufile.io/adi6x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Please upload the SFCA output directly here — we don't download things from suspicious websites.

To attach a file, please click Reply to this topic on the top right-side of your topic page. Next, on the bottom, under Attach Files, click Browse..., then click Open, and finally Attach This File. To finalize and post your post, click Add Reply.

Edited by bwv848, 01 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

As you asked, here are the attachments.

Please also do enlighten me a little about analysing it. 

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

I'll post analysis tomorrow — I'm very tired right now. In the mean time can you run MemTest86 for EIGHT passes - http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html and SeaTools - http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (ALL the tests)

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

It's alright thank you for the initiative.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

I just had a look at the reports. It does appear that one of your hard disks is in some trouble. The dumps aren't terribly informative, but they do point to lots of image corruption and seeming paging errors. And here's the reason why I think that hard disk is bad. From the System Event log...

Event[3134]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2017-12-21T08:00:48.394
  Event ID: 51
  Task: N/A
  Level: Warning
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Aguro-PC
  Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.
Event[3133]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2017-12-21T08:00:48.413
  Event ID: 157
  Task: N/A
  Level: Warning
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Aguro-PC
  Description:
Disk 0 has been surprise removed.

Granted that these errors are over a week old, they are nonetheless valid. The first error is self-explanatory, the second error is usually caused when Windows loses communication with a disk. Note that there are many other errors of the exact same content in the Event Log.

Do you know which disk Disk 0 is? It appears to be a Seagate HDD (ST500DM002-1BD142) from MSInfo32 (volume D:\), but I may be wrong. (Check Disk Management.) Is this the drive that Windows is installed on? Regardless, I would suggest you run SeaTools (all tests) on all drives as requested earlier. Even if Disk 0 passes, I would highly consider replacing it.

#7 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

I too do have my doubts on  (ST500DM002-1BD142), but its Volume A:\ and yes, it is Disk 0

This 500 Gig Drive is not more than 5 years old. I tried chkdsk but it did not showed any error, but I had similar issues prior to installing the new Harddisk.

I remember that when this drive was not accessible, the system worked just fine without any lags.

I will run the test. 

[Windows is installed on the newer drive with 1000 GB of space i.e DiskST1000DX002-2DV162] 

Thank you for your help and the time you devoted.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Can you run Speccy by Piriform? Because all this is getting quite confusing...

:step1: Speccy by Piriform

• Download and save Speccy from here.
  • Navigate to the directory in which you saved the ZIP file.
  • Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
  • Open up the extracted folder, right-click on Speccy64.exe (or Speccy.exe, if your system is 32-bit), and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
  • After waiting a while, click File, then Publish Snapshot.
  • Hit Yes to the Publish Snapshot dialog, then click Copy to Clipboard. Paste the URL in your next reply.

#9 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

EDIT: Both the disks are of 1 TB. I earlier had 500 GB disk but I replaced that since it came defected. [Sorry for the confusion.]

Now there are only 2 HDD, 1 is ST1000DX002 which has NAND Flash and the other one is classic (ST500DM002)

Sorry for the confusion. Even the name of that drive starts w/ 500 so I got confused.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hWzwELktF8dkFj2Yb7GQdaC

I tried SMART on both the HDD and both of them passed the test. Snapshot from speccy is also attached. (I ran crystal disk yesterday and got almost same results)

The full test could not be performed due to some reason. I will try it soon.

Attached Files

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thanks. Go ahead and run Seatool's Long Generic test when you have time. Honestly, even if it passes, I would consider replacing the drive — it does indeed appear to be faulty with all the paging errors. Your page file is on volume D:, is that ST500DM002-1BD142? Sorry for asking these annoying questions — you have quite a few partitions all over the place, and it's getting quite confusing to differentiate between the actual disks and their partitions.

#11 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

A:\ & H:\ relates to old hard disk i.e ST500DM002-1BD142

D:\ is on new Harsk Disk

Windows is instaled on C:\ [The new Hard Disk.]

Paging has been set to automatic. [Automatically managing the paging file for all drives)

I will surely try the long test. The system is required to be up for some important task.

Multiple partitions were intended for multiple OS. But due to timing issues I could not do that and the system is running like this.

Years ago, I used to do various studies and analysis on the system. The structure is that's why a bit different. Used to have different OS of Linux and few Virtual Machines... 

[I am not annoyed, I like your approach. Have attached a pic of the disk partitions, it should be useful. Most of the USBs have been removed to avoid unnecessary data.]

Attached Files

#12 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

Update: The disk passed all the tests including Long generic, but excluding certain advanced test, which could have affected the data.

Pagefile is on C:\, as confirmed via sysinfo.

Recently had another freeze, even after removing the old, suspicious hard disk [ST500DM002-1BD142]

No infections were found by avira, spybot S&D, Malware bytes, Super anti spyware & rkill.

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

So sorry for not getting back to you earlier!

Please re-run the SFCA so I can see fresh logs.

#14 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

I have attached the new file. 

Sorry for the delay, was unwell.

Attached Files

#15 Aguro

Aguro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hi,

Were you able to analyse the data or would it require some more time?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users