Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Should I do with Good 23" LED Monitor Screen; Just Bad Computer Board on it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

I have an LG Flatron E2342v-BN 23" flat screen LED monitor that I picked up for free because it was just turning on and off.  

I looked into it, and the LED backlight is good, the long, narrow computer board on the back of the screen is good, and everything is good....

....except for the main computer board.

The main computer board makes a rising and "snapping off" hissing sound, and when the "power button computer board" and the "LED backlight" is connected to the mobo with power running in it, the screen and power button is lighting up and clicking off.  Also when the everything is disconnected from the mobo except for the power, the mobo is making that hissing noise that rises and falls off over and over which controls the on/off action on the rest of the monitor.  

What could it be, and how could I test it?  

Because I see the capacitors are all good, and there are no soldering points that are bad, crossed, broken off, and all of that, I believe the mobo is shot.  

But it's a very good monitor besides the mobo, so I'm wondering if I could find a cheap mobo to install into it, and make it useable on the computer.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

There should be a part number visible somewhere on the board, beginning with 3 letters like EAX or EBT followed by 8 digits. A search on that number might find a good used board available.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

just cause the caps look good doesn't mean they are.  they could be going bad and just haven't swollen up or split open yet.   you probably still just have bad caps. only sure way to check a cap is to pull it and use a LCR meter or ESR meter to verify if it is truely good or bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users