Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Using Google Domains to give server a URL. How to?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tune_78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

I have a Minecraft server hosted from my home. I would like to have a URL to give that will direct the Minecraft client to my server instead of giving out my external IP.

I am using Google Domains. There is not much documentation that is making total sense to me.

Lets say

My external IP:

Port that my router is listening on: 25565

This is what my resource records look like for my domain.

Name                         Type                       TTL                       Data

@                                  A                           1h              

_minecraft._tcp            SRV                      1h                         10 10 25565 mydomain.com

subdomain                   A                           1h              

After talking with Google Support multiple times this is how they told me it should look so that going to "subdomain.mydomain.com" will resolve to

Is this correct?

It is not working and I've been thinking about this too long. My brain is fried.

Edited by Tune_78, 31 December 2017 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users