Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC makes clicking sound just after boot up, canít do anything

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nbafreak24

Nbafreak24

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Heres a video:

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hello Nbafreak24,

No video I`m afraid, perhaps you can just tell us what happens and what OS are you running.

#3 Nbafreak24

Nbafreak24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

Not sure what happened there. Im running Windows 7.

I turned on my PC yesterday and was able to use for a few hours, it turned off by itself while i was sleeping, and now all it does when i turn it on is a clicking/beeping sound and nothing else.

#4 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

K, never asked for too much info in reply #2 as when it comes to devices clicking it quite often turns out to be the click of death when a hard drive is failing, from the additional info in your reply #3 I am suspecting that a cooling fan has failed (possibly the CPUs), clicking being the cooling fan blades catching and the beeping a warning of overheating, will have a better idea once we have some info on your computer.

Do you get nothing on the screen whatsoever from the time that you power up/

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

2nd failing hard drive! 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB