Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dell T7500 workstation user login password problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wacomaco2

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

Today, there were numerous short power outages in my area.  About 7 over 20 minute period.  Tried to start windows 7 pro and would not start.  Automatic diagnostics could not fix the issue.  I declined system restore and did hard reboot instead. 

Windows 7 pro loaded but asked me for a password.  I did not have a password set up.  Before, when promoted for a password to perform changes, the screen would display my user name (Dell T7500) and a blank password field. Pressing enter with that blank password field allowed for changes as administrator.

I don't think that I had to enter user name and password to get in after Windows loaded before.  Now I do.  Again, no password was set for the only user.  I am now presented with a user login screen for user Dell T7500.  Now when I hit enter with a blank password field I get message that says user or password incorrect.  No other user is set up and no password should be required for user Dell T7500.

Perhaps the auto startup diagnostics routine and the subsequent windows diagnostics caused this issue.

I hate to take the thing apart and cancel bios/cmos passwords by taking out the module and not sure that is what is needed.  I think I need password help at the OS level.  Help!

Dell T7500 workstation

Windows 7 Professional

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

Hello wacomaco2 and Happy New Year to you, 

Please review the Tutorials at the top of the Windows7 Forum area, and attempt to use the Start in Safe Mode Tutorial first.

You seem to have internet there, so use the Windows7 with Networking section if you can. Also try and update your Antivirus and Antimalware programs in Safe Mode.

Let us know how you go.

Edited for a Typo..

Edited by Jaycan, 01 January 2018 - 04:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users