Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual monitor issues, screen going black.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shenaniguns

Shenaniguns

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

I have two monitors I'm trying to set up on my old PC. My system is running two EVGA 560ti in SLI, with a mini-HDMI to HDMI going to the newer Viewsonic, and Mini-HDMI to DVI going to the older Dell monitor. I can get them to both display, but then if I let the system sleep, the primary monitor bugs out and goes black. Sometimes I can get the screen resolution window up on the secondary monitor, and when I can, I can usually get the problem resolved by changing the primary to portrait and back again, or changing the resolution. The other way the screen goes black is if one of the monitors is unplugged from the input, and I plug it back in, it will make the other monitor go black. What the heck is going on? I've reinstalled the video drivers twice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:19 PM

Hi

Happy New year.

As you have a thread already open about this issue here

If you would like this thread opened please PM a moderator.

Regards

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users