Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Almost every website has an invalid certificate

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MrMan6

MrMan6

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

Any website I visit via Chrome tells me that the certificate (NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID)is invalid but every page works on Firefox.Cert path for www.google.com: https://imgglb.padletcdn.com/v13/image?t=a_exif,c_limit,dpr_1.0,h_252,w_200&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpadletuploads.blob.core.windows.net%2Fprod%2F241011374%2F66cb58b2c72875b7def3d9ef5b6618c1%2FScreenshot_2.png sorry for small picture

p.s happy new year

Edited by MrMan6, 31 December 2017 - 12:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Check if your system time is corret, sometimes ceritificates can all be invalid if your time is wrong by a significant amount. Then try connecting on a different connection to see if their is a problem with your connection.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 MrMan6

MrMan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

The time is 100% right

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

Do you get the issue if you are using an alternate internet connection to your usual one?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 MrMan6

MrMan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

I didn't try a alternative internet connection on my computer tho there are no problems on my phone

Do you get the issue if you are using an alternate internet connection to your usual one?

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

What does Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Firefox do with those same web sites and their pages?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

The whole reason for trying another connection is just to rule in/out certain possibilities.

One can also come at the problem as RolandJS has suggested.  If all of the web browsers on the same machine are encountering this issue with certificates then it's something local to the machine (which is, actually, what I suspect).

Also, if the other browsers don't have the issue, the first thing I'd suspect is an add-on/extension.  You could try starting Chrome with all extensions disabled and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by britechguy, 05 January 2018 - 04:00 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#8 MrMan6

MrMan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

What does Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Firefox do with those same web sites and their pages?

Internet Explorer can't load any page but I'm using Firefox now and all websites are working

#9 MrMan6

MrMan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

The whole reason for trying another connection is just to rule in/out certain possibilities.

One can also come at the problem as RolandJS has suggested.  If all of the web browsers on the same machine are encountering this issue with certificates then it's something local to the machine (which is, actually, what I suspect).

Also, if the other browsers don't have the issue, the first thing I'd suspect is an add-on/extension.  You could try starting Chrome with all extensions disabled and see if that makes a difference.

I disabled all Add-ons and the same situation

#10 MrMan6

MrMan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Also i forgot to mention: The moment I got that problem with chrome cert my Kaspersky was keep giving me bottom right pop-ups about insecure connections from any website i go to..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users