Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Correct cooling fan and heat sink for Corsair ddr3 vengeance high profile ram

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cadmandu

Cadmandu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hi I have a M5A97 Mobo and a and FX- 8320
I ordered a cooler master rr-gmm4-16pk-r will this clear the ram?
Should I just buy the oem fan and sink
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cadmandu

Cadmandu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Is there a computer forum that answers questions?

Edited by Cadmandu, 02 January 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

People tend not to answer if they don't know or can't give any useful information.  Sometime's that's the way it goes unfortunately.  That cooler is not to my knowledge a popular choice at this time.  The few reviews of it seem to have been back several years ago.  It's specifically aimed at "space limited" systems like Mini ITX, so will not perform as well as larger coolers.

The Vengeance DDR3 memory is according to Corsair, 52.5mm tall.  The heat sink height on Cooler Master's site (excluding fan) is given as 44mm tall.  It's a fair bet then that if the cooler overhangs a memory slot containing that RAM, then it will not fit.  The question then, is whether it overhangs the slots.

As a best guess, I would say on a full ATX board, if you orientate the cooler like it is in this review (note, it's an Intel board) then you'll probably get away with it.  The cooler in this direction doesn't appear from the photo's to overhang the RAM area.  If it's mounted the other way (rotated 90 degrees) then I think it's possible it'll overhang the RAM slots. Even if it does overhang the 1st RAM slot, you may still get away with it if you are only using slot 2 & 4.

Edited by jonuk76, 02 January 2018 - 07:04 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 Cadmandu

Cadmandu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Jon
I got the cooler with the purchase of the used CPU on eBay. I'm not a gamer so not interested in o c
I'm building a DAW workstation for recording. Nice site u sent great pictures. I'm only using two slots so maybe I can use the 2nd and fourth. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users