Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop stutters a lot when downloading

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tonakis2108

tonakis2108

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

I get a lot of stuttering and becomes really slow everytime I download something, from loading a page in a browser to a torrent. 

What I've tried so far:

-Defrag HDD

-Clean cache

-Uninstall programs I don't use anymore to free up space

I've been searching online a lot on how to solve this but nothing is relevant or won't work.

It just doesn't seem to affect the issue at all. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by tonakis2108, 31 December 2017 - 08:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tonakis2108

tonakis2108
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

SOLVED: I managed to solve the problem once and for all. I found out something called "Διακοπές Συστήματος" in Greek it's probably associated with Hibernation mode I just couldn't find the relation to my issue since my computer is powered on... So hiberfil.sys caused this problem as well as a huge decrease in download speed. To solve it I opened up cmd and typed in "powercfg.exe /hibernate off" and restarted. Hopefully this thread will help other people with the same issue. 

Edited by tonakis2108, 31 December 2017 - 09:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users