Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows update stuck in limbo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:16 AM

I had to reboot my computer to install some windows updates.

Well, it failed to install the updates. Now it's saying that it's reverting the changes.

And it's said that for the past three hours!

I can't even cancel the update because there's no prompt on-screen for me to do anything! If I power off the machine and start it back up, it just takes me right back to the updates again! I can't get out of it!

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,081 posts
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

Try a System restore otherwise see this Microsoft thread.

#3 mightywiz

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

sometimes the reverting process can take a day to finish, just let it go.  it will recover as long as you see the HDD light flickering it's working. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users