I have struggled with this issue for a year now and it's starting to really get on my nerves...
- Windows 7 64bit installed on Intel ssd
- RAID 1 setup with two WDC WD30PURX Disks
- Everything so far works like a charm
- When I try to attach another HDD to my PC (it has 3 more SATA ports) it hangs right from the boot screen (windows logo), and if it somehow gets to OS environment, it hangs all the time with the red chasis LED indicating HDD activity continuously lit.
What I have tried:
- Tried with couple of different HDD's all of them checked on another setup and working properly (no bad sectors and such)
- Tried switching SATA ports in various combinations
- Tried changing some BIOS options
Nothing solves the problem.
CPU: Intel i5 4460 at 3.40Ghz
MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 rev.2.0
RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x8GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
*The disk I am trying to add is WD Blue 1TB.
Any ideas and help would be much appreciated
Edited by thadeth, 31 December 2017 - 06:40 AM.