Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

two routers one pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toadster

toadster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

I have two separate physical routers, each with its own independent connection to the internet via different ISPs. How can I physically connect these two routers to my PC which has only one ethernet jack? If via a network switch/hub with all three devices plugged in, how do I switch back and forth between the two ISPs easily via Windows?

Edited by toadster, 31 December 2017 - 09:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

One way to do it is to install a second Ethernet NIC on your PC, or a wireless card, and target each with a static IP address, one for each network. This ensures your Ethernet NIC doesn't get overloaded with traffic.

You can also create separate IP addresses for the same machine over the same Ethernet NIC. To add a new IP address in Windows open up the network connection in Network and Internet settings. Find your NIC, click on it, go to Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > Advanced. In IP settings, click "add" and add the new IP address and netmask.

#3 toadster

toadster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

Thank you sflatechguy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users