Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epic Privacy Browser Installer, 1.3.27.13

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:15 AM

I believe this, and npEpicUpdate3.dll  should not be allowed on my laptop computer  (Windows Vista sp2).  I tried to install Epic Browser a few days ago, it did not work, and my Firefox ESR browser showed an item npEpicUpdate3.dll, Epic Privacy Browser Installer as an extension.  Also,  AdwCleaner v 7.0.6  found two Registry items, one of which refered to "Epic"; both items named as  "adware.pcoptiomizer"; and I allowed AdwCleaner to remove these items.  

I still find there is  npEpicUpdate3.dll      C:\Users\nameOfUser\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Installer\1.3.27.13   on the machine.  

I believe I should be allowed to remove this simply by deletion, but just to be sure, I ask HOW TO DO IT?

The computer is otherwise behaving normally.  Firefox iESRtself has been slow for several weeks, long long before trying to install Epic Browser; and Ice Dragon, similar to and based on Firefox, behaves faster than Firefox; and Opera is faster still.  Otherwise, computer behavior is good.

Thanks for any advice or guidance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users