Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Let Us Know What You Cooked Today

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 juli77

juli77

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:58 PM

Some people like to cook and some have to cook. Might be fun to share what you’re cooking (or putting together for a meal). Preferably with pictures if possible but descriptions would be fine too.

I made a meal of canned salmon with fresh dill and red onion, a mixed bean salad also with dill and red onion (just a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar) and sliced apple (Empire, I think it was) for lunch. It really hit the spot!

cVpWAy.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Hey juli77,

Way more heather than what I cooked today.

I cooked a brisket on my charcoal grill today and also potatoes and ears of corn wrapped in foil and then served with garlic butter.

We usually try and eat a healthy diet although with the family and friends holiday get togetherness we figure what the hell enjoy for a few days. :thumbup2:

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Steaming some snow crab legs tonight with wild rice on the side. 
Tomorrow, a spiral ham I dress up with glaze, pineapple, a mixed juice blend and a bunch of side dishes.
Happy 2018!
Bleepin' desert rat retiree of climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,522 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

:oneeye:  Yummy about the above! My version of cooking: Triple cream Cambozola, french baguette and pepper crusted dry salami! Building up for the New Years goodies.

Triple_Cream_Cambozola.jpg

#5 juli77

juli77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

^^^The brisket and corn-on-the-cob (can’t wait for summer!), crab legs and ham, and Cambozola and salami are making my mouth water.

I made lox on a Montreal bagel with fresh pineapple.

gIdmQT.jpg

#6 stopbleeping

stopbleeping

• Banned
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

looks very healthy  - wish I could cook now :lmao:

#7 juli77

juli77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

looks very healthy  - wish I could cook now :lmao:

I could say I slaved all day, but there wasn't much cooking involved for that one, I have to admit. Spread a bit of cream cheese on a bagel, slap some smoked salmon on, cut a slice of red onion, break it up and toss it on top of the lot. Et voila! The pineapple I cut up earlier so just a matter of dumping some on the plate. Go ahead, try it. And report back toute suite! :-D

#8 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 485 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Here's that Holiday ham & sides I was bragging about!

(whew, just woke up from a nightmare...) :)

5565fb1e3c39501832adfa52_Thumb_TVDinner_

Edit: actually, decided to postpone the ham plan until tomorrow as my wife felt under the weather (took a Cold-Ezz which has zinc) and feeling better already. Hats off to those healthy diners, but when considering the same for ourselves, the image below provides opposing inspiration-

7ef5c01af7bb0d4354e56eab0cbb980b.jpg

Have a great New Years! :)

Edited by r.a.d., 31 December 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#9 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Were having a get together today with spiral cut ham and brown gravy and cornbread dressing and home made potato salad and beans.

For desert home made pumpkin pie and home made apple pie and home made lemon bars.

We do love the holidays around our house with family and friends.

Happy New Years to everyone.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#10 juli77

juli77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:32 AM

Edit: actually, decided to postpone the ham plan until tomorrow as my wife felt under the weather (took a Cold-Ezz which has zinc) and feeling better already. Hats off to those healthy diners, but when considering the same for ourselves, the image below provides opposing inspiration-

7ef5c01af7bb0d4354e56eab0cbb980b.jpg

Have a great New Years! :)

lol, I'd better start living it up! I hope health is restored to your household quickly.

Were having a get together today with spiral cut ham and brown gravy and cornbread dressing and home made potato salad and beans.

For desert home made pumpkin pie and home made apple pie and home made lemon bars.

We do love the holidays around our house with family and friends.

Happy New Years to everyone.

You forgot to supply your address! We need a drooling smiley if only for this thread.

I need a hot cup of tea, it's -42C with the wind chill today. This cold snap is a killer. :cold:

Happy New Year to everyone!

#11 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

Holidays are over so back to my normal breakfast.

2 slices of grain bread toasted with garlic cloves and real butter.

1 bowl of real oatmeal cooked on the stove as I don't do instant anything.

Frozen 100% orange juice and a pot of tea.

For lunch will see what leftovers are available from the holidays.

#12 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 485 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Having this for breakfast sans the celery, Tajín Clásico seasoning on the rim for authority. Bad me, cheers!

image-234x300.jpg

Leftovers for lunch. No cooking today.

#13 juli77

juli77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

I made a pot roast yesterday so today was leftovers as well. (No seasoned drinks, alas.)

We'll be having (real) oatmeal tomorrow. Sometimes I make an overnight oatmeal in a small slow cooker I have.I use steel cut oats, they're less processed than rolled oats and rolled oats would turn to a mushy paste in the slow cooker. I also prefer the crunch of steel cut oats. I'm not big on juices (I like my fibre!) so I'll either eat an orange with it if I happen to have some or other fresh fruit. I need to make a grocery run, it's slim pickings here!

#14 juli77

juli77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

... 2 slices of grain bread toasted with garlic cloves and real butter.

Do you use raw garlic or cooked for that? I know raw is better for you, but I find it too strong. I like roasting heads of garlic then freezing them and using the cloves as needed. Slathering a couple of roasted cloves on a slice of bread is heavenly.

#15 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,522 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

I've just made and devoured my favorite meals: scoops of Trader Joe's nonfat plain greek yogurt, scoops of Trader Joe's french vanilla ice cream and for excitement, a packet of Trader Joe's almonds, cashews, and cranberry trek mix! Yummy! The protein count is @ 33 grams and beats the price of a Filet! Just sayin  :oneeye:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users