Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Tea Drinkers

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hey All,

I've always heard drinking tea is good for cleaning toxins out of the body.

I like hot tea and drink green tea because they say that it is suppose to be good for the body.

So how about it is there Any Tea Drinkers out here and what kind of tea do you drink.

Toolman

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

I drink Green Tea a lot. My favorite is GunPower Green Tea. Put a spoonful in a ceramic cup and use my coffee maker for the hot water. Then I let it steep for awhile.

temple-of-heaven-gunpowder-green-tea-100

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hey JohnC_21,

Interesting brand of tea.

Is that something that can be purchased anywhere or is that something that is ordered.

So far my tea is that which can be found at the dollar store.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I am a tea drinker....never coffee

Usually Bushells tea.....but because I am now not in Australia it is almost impossible to procure......and I am stuck with drinking .....Liptons (yuk)

The locals have become used to me calling for a "cuppa".....they now know that this means a cup of tea.

It must be hot......(semi warm tea is akin to dishwater)....and it must be allowed to steep for a few minutes......with just a tiny amount of milk added.

The holy grail of tea...?...

The Aboriginal Australians drank an infusion from the plant species leptospermum (a different plant from the tea plant or camellia sinensis). Upon landing in Australia for the first time, Captain Cook noticed the aboriginal peoples drinking it and called it tea. Today the plant is referred to as the "ti tree"

....and my chances of finding that over here are zero.

In northern new south wales there is a tea called "madura' produced.....around the tweed river valley.......I would almost part with an arm for a container of that right now !!

ok....enuff of that....I need a cuppa

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,579 posts
  •  

I get it at my local asian grocery store. I think it's also sold online. I get a big box for about $8.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,858 posts
  •  

edit to remove double post

Edited by Condobloke, 30 December 2017 - 07:12 PM.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#7 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

My wife loved Paradise Tropical Tea but it's hard to get now, made with black tea I believe.
I used to like Celestial Seasonings Red  Zinger (hibiscus) with honey, also used to make my own herbal mix of red clover blossoms and dandelion leaves. Yeah, weird. Ginseng tea sometimes back in the day.
I agree about Lipton's, kinda like cheese whiz. 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#8 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

I find that tea relaxes me unlike coffee which I still love to have although sometimes I do get burnt out from drinking coffee which is why I've switched to drinking tea.

And I agree it has to be hot.

@JohnC_21 I'll have to check some of the Asian stores around the neighborhood and see if I can locate some and give it a try.

I remember my parents always drinking tea that was made in an old copper kettle with real leafy tea inside of a little metal acorn type container although I forget what they were called.

I'm beginning to think tea is like wine as there seems to be many different types and flavors.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Myself I just spoon the tea into a cup. The loose leaves doesn't bother me but you can use a tea ball.

#10 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

I agree about Lipton's, kinda like cheese whiz. 

That cracks me up. :hysterical:

Ginseng tea seems it would be good for heath reasons as I know a lot of people who swear that Ginseng is good for health of the body.

#11 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Yep I guess tea leaves wouldn't be much different than the coffee grounds I get from using a percolator coffee pot.

#12 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Couple times in the woods I made willow bark tea for hangovers. It contains chemicals like aspirin. Tastes like heck, but works. Look it up, it's benefits are surprising.
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#13 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Couple times in the woods I made willow bark tea for hangovers. It contains chemicals like aspirin. Tastes like heck, but works. Look it up, it's benefits are surprising.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to aspirin so wouldn't be a benefit in my case.

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,858 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

I going into what passes for civilisation around here later today...I will redouble my efforts to find something decent to drink......r.a.d.  ....your comment re cheese whiz almost made me throw up !....so true !~!!

#15 juli77

juli77

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

I love tea! I drink many different types.

Some favourites are Dragon Well (Long Ji) green tea, I like its earthy taste. I find the best deals are on eBay from China. I like rooibos tea. Touted to have antioxidants, but mostly I love the taste. Not easy to describe, it’s a pretty distinct flavour. I tend to mix it with Tulsi tea (another distinct taste, very herbal, with certain health benefits). Another is hibiscus tea. A sour taste. These last three I usually buy in bulk leaves from Amazon (Davidson’s teas are reasonably priced and good quality).

And Pu’erh tea. I buy them in “cakes” (round pressed discs) on eBay, usually from China. The cakes (also sold in blocks) are fermented so apparently contain probiotics. It’s one of the teas that get better with age. Beyond any health benefits, I like the taste. I do feel better when I regularly drink it. More energy and better digestion. There are younger teas that are more astringent or older teas that are more mellow and earthy in flavour (my preference).

For brand teas, I like Twinings Irish Breakfast and Twinings Lady Grey (a milder version of Earl Grey which I find too heavy on the bergamot). Those are my go to’s for black teas. I prefer Assam (in most “Breakfast” teas) to Orange Pekoe (traditional tea bags). Celestial Seasonings African Moroccan Pomegranate Tea is a delicious blend containing rooibos and hibiscus and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Herbal Tea is an aromatic Christmasy blend.

A fun type is Blooming Tea. The tea leaves (usually green tea) are pressed into a small ball, with a flower. When you drop it in boiled water, it opens up and “blooms”. Very pretty and works best in a glass teapot.

I also like to occasionally mix bulk dried herbs for teas for sore throats, digestion, insomnia or relaxation.

For the loose teas, I use a cup infuser like this. I find it lets the leaves unfurl more freely than the small balls.

7F7Ezy.jpg

I could go on, but I already hear snoring :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users