Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSI z370 Gaming Plus, core i7 7700K no post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cd90

Cd90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

I can't get this build to start. Here are the parts:

MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mobo
Kaby Lake core i7 7700K lga 1151
Corsair Vengeance 2 8gb DDR4 2400mhz RAM
GTX 1060 SSC
Corsair TX 650 psu

It will power up for about half a second, then shut off. Mobo led lights up for CPU. I've RMA'd this Mobo once already for the same reason and received a new one from MSI. It's doing the same thing. What should I do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

I can't get this build to start. Here are the parts:

MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mobo
Kaby Lake core i7 7700K lga 1151
Corsair Vengeance 2 8gb DDR4 2400mhz RAM
GTX 1060 SSC
Corsair TX 650 psu

It will power up for about half a second, then shut off. Mobo led lights up for CPU. I've RMA'd this Mobo once already for the same reason and received a new one from MSI. It's doing the same thing. What should I do now?

Motherboard and CPU are not compatible. You need to change one of them. I would return CPU and keep motherboard as z370 is new stuff but 7700K obsolete and expensive.

#3 Cd90

Cd90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Thank you! I asked MSI support if these were compatible before RMA, and they said yes! I've been losing my mind over this. I'll be happy to replace either now. What CPU would you recommend for this Mobo? That works? Ha.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

MSI support guys are amateurs as usual.

I'd take i5-8600K (in case you don't want to change motherboard too).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users