Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Last chance for Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

I have until tomorrow to download Windows 10. I am still with Windows 7

I have been receiving the error code: 0x8007007e which means that a file is missing.

api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-11-1-1.dll

Googling this problem has led me to a solution and I have managed to follow the instruction until the very last one. After accessing

wimgapi.dll.mui           I COPY, but cannot find REPLACE.

It seems that if I replace this file my problem is solved.

Anyone able to help me. please?

My THANKS in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

This 0x8007007e issue occurs due to missing or corrupted Windows Update components.

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.  Clicking on this link will immediately start the download.

Edited by dc3, 30 December 2017 - 11:58 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

This is a known problem with some 7 to 10 upgrades along with errors like this:

[attachment=200949:Untitled.jpg]

The short version of the solution seems to be:

Replace  C:\Windows10Upgrade\wimgapi.dll with the one from C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll

or

Copy C:\Windows\System32\wimgapi.dll and Paste it into C:\Windows10Upgrade replacing any existing file.

There is no Replace - use Paste instead and respond in the affirmative if asked to overwrite an existing file.

Here is one link with a solution:

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-the-api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1-dll-is-missing-error-windows-10-upgrade/

Here is a recent topic in the Microsoft TechNet Windows 10 community that starts with many impossible to work ideas and false starts but eventually an idea is posted where several folks report success following that advice (I cannot validate, test or verify) so I suggest reading through the replies focusing on the replies where this idea worked:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8ab132c5-fdf5-409d-92c8-a96ebfc3eeaa/error-while-upgrading-to-windows-10?forum=win10itprosetup

On I side note I wonder:

If you are upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have run into a snag (which seems to have a workaround) what other snags are you going to run into later?

If the upgraded system malfunctions or has issues I would always be wondering if the problems had something to do with the upgrade process that did not go well.

If it was me and if I wanted a Windows 10 system I would create some Windows 10 installation media and perform a clean/fresh install from scratch instead of doing an upgrade.  If you are having a problem like this right out of the chute what other problem lie ahead?

If you have an issue in the future that requires Windows 10 installation media to fix it what are you going to do (or do you have some Windows 10 installation media)?

Edited by joseibarra, 30 December 2017 - 12:06 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Thank you, dc3 and Jose.

My PC is old now and needs replacingw. As Ihae the i-Mac as well I was trying g to do things on thecheap. Not a good idea,

#5 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Apologies for the above. Using my Kindle Fire from Santa!No means of editing errors.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

See also:  

Windows 10 upgrade: 'api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing' error when trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

on the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group on Groups.io if you want the "under the hood" explanation regarding this issue.  Joseph Lee does an excellent job of this.

Edited by britechguy, 30 December 2017 - 08:25 PM.
There was a partial "disappearance" in the original post

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users