Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerpoint advancing to different slides depending on key pressed?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:27 AM

Is there any way to achieve the following scenario:

You are doing a presentation with powerpoint or the libre office equivalent. You show a slide and then at the end when you transition to the next you can choose to transition to the next one normally, or can hold down a key an transition to another slide instead (perhaps skipping out some, or going back to an earlier one)? In this way you can if you set things up properly beforehand dynamically change the course of a presentation while you give it and you can respond to things like questions or comments from the audience by skipping to different bits or taking a different route through, as long as you prepared multiple different courses of action and slides beforehand.

I know this sort of thing could be done if you set up your "slides" as a series if web pages with links, or as a special one-off program made in python or something, either of which would let you change what happened next by choosing to hold down a key (no key to advance normally from "slide" 5 to 6, key a to skip to slide 9, key b to skip to slide 45, key z to go back to slide 3...).

But can this be done natively in ms office powerpoint or libre office impress?

Thanks

Edited by rp88, 30 December 2017 - 12:27 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Does anyone know of any techniques for doing this? thanks
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users