Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop randomly loses wifi link only with home network!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jbradvi9

jbradvi9

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

As the title states I can't figure out why is this so.Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdminPower

AdminPower

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Do any other devices connected to the network experience the same issue? What's your distance from the router / AP? 

#3 jbradvi9

jbradvi9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

Only this device but something else(?!)--onlly on this home network.If You can watch this video You shall see the severity of the problem.

https://youtu.be/8FoXf02dpZM

0:01;1:01;1:14-2:10;3:08 and so on...............

Edited by jbradvi9, 02 January 2018 - 10:25 AM.

#4 AdminPower

AdminPower

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Do you have any USB WiFi adapters laying around that you could test to try to pinpoint if it's an issue with the internal wireless card / drivers for said card vs a problem with the router or operating system on the computer?

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

I have  a similar problem with a particular laptop computer which uses WiFi for internet.  The problem seems much more frequent when operating on battery power.  Windows 10 fully updated; the only security&protection on the machine is Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

What I do when the wifi connection stops, is I click on the internet access icon in the right side system tray; a list of available wifi sources is displayed, and I watch.  After a minute or two, I see the name of the wifi access point I expect, and a caption saying "connecting" and then after a few more seconds another caption saying, "connected".  From here, I continue with my internet activities.

Sometimes, when I open the wifi list from the icon, the expected item, the wifi source that I need, will disappear.  I then wait a few seconds and try what I previously described, which usually works.  Otherwise, I restart the computer and wifi is back to the machine.

#6 jbradvi9

jbradvi9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:01 AM

I have posted on malware forum before they tried to fix the problen and send me here.Malware forum post.

Idont have any usb adapter.But what is extremly weird is the fact that these disconections dont appear on any other networks so i think is malware related.How it can be adapter failure if it works correctly on other networks.

#7 AdminPower

AdminPower

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

I think that if the issue were malware related it would follow the computer to any network it connects to. A failing wireless card can send out garbage traffic and some routers are more tolerant than others of errors. I still think it would be really good to try another wireless card on the computer just to confirm that it isn't the internal wireless card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users