Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Boot From DVD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm having trouble booting from a Windows 10 DVD on this HP Touchsmart 520-1030 AIO can someone make some suggestions for me.  I already tried the ESC>Boot Order and then the Enter Key, but nothing happens.  I tried this over and over with no success.  I know the drive works and can see the Windows 10 files on the DVD.

Also tried to change the order by going into BIOS also but that did not work either.

I also went to the HP System Recovery via ESC>F11 Selection but did not see anything there that would help me either.  I guess I could have chose one of them that would allow me to use a Disc, but the selections weren't clear and I've forgotten exactly what they mean.  I think they all involve the Recovery Partition in various ways.

I should also note that I Updated the BIOS recently...unfortunately.

Here is the MANUAL guys, I believe what I want is on page 11.

Thanks pc

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2017 - 08:07 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

What...is it that you are trying to do?

I have a Win 10 DVD...and it allows me to install Win 10 on a system that already has XP and Win 7 in a multiboot...with no problems.

You posted in the Win 7 forum...yet you ask about a Win 10 DVD.  I don't understand.

Louis

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Windows 7 machine, trying to boot windows 10 to install windows 10.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the DVD is the first device in the boot order and the ssd/hdd is the second device.  

Remember to click/tap on F10 to save your changes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the DVD is the first device in the boot order and the ssd/hdd is the second device.  

Remember to click/tap on F10 to save your changes.

Yes dc3, I did exactly that.  When that did not work - as a last resort - I choose Defaults in BIOS, which also left DVD as First in Boot Priority.

Thanks

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

What...is it that you are trying to do?

I have a Win 10 DVD...and it allows me to install Win 10 on a system that already has XP and Win 7 in a multiboot...with no problems.

You posted in the Win 7 forum...yet you ask about a Win 10 DVD.  I don't understand.

Louis

Sorry Louis, should have been more clear.  I'm in a cramped space not on my Main pc, can't type or think very well in this cramped environment arrrgggg.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

I think I got it guys so don't waste your valuable time posting.  Disabling Secure Boot in BIOS was not what I'm used to seeing but think I got it now, and honestly still getting used to UEFI Systems.  Running out of time so will post back when I get er Booted.

Thanks very much to dc and Luis!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,743 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

I don't know what's wrong with this all-in-one guys.  It would not boot from DVD no matter what I did, then I decided to boot from USB, and it did that no problem?  I'm sure I've used that Windows 10 Medium before and I was just looking at it in File Explorer, but don't really know what to look for.  I always burn my iso's to DVD and Verify them.  Now I guess I will try another Bootable medium, most likely Linux.  

I Disabled Secure Boot and Installed Windows 10.  Then I went back into BIOS and Enabled Secure Boot and all runs well.  Don't know the best way to do this really, Enable Secure Boot or not? 

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 bles16

bles16

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:30 AM

the manufacturers of now together with those that associate of software manufacture the equipment with a more reliable protection, to say more integral. a technician knows that disabling the legacy mode with that starts the boot. some keyboards will work for you by pressing the key combination fn + 10 (f1,2,3,4,5 ...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users