Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dining Trends of 2018

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

As we indulge in technology, we also need to enjoy culinary experiences! Right?  :busy: 

We asked forward thinkers in the food and wine world—including Tom Colicchio, Katie Button, Eric Ripert, Gail Simmons and more—to share their predictions for next year

MEGAN MURPHY 

December 25, 2017

http://www.foodandwine.com/news/2018-dining-trends-culinary-superstars

<-snip->As this year rapidly comes to a close, many of us are thrilled to usher in a new beginning. And with that, an inevitable wave of fresh culinary trends to roll out in 2018. For inspiration of what lies ahead, Food & Wine invited some of the food world’s top talents, from Michelin-starred chefs to master sommeliers, to share predictions of what they think—and hope—will be all the rage next year.

<-snip->Here, more than a dozen of the world’s most celebrated chefs, wine professionals and culinary superstars share their top predictions for 2018.

Read on for some fun information!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

I guess that's all good if a person can afford to eat out all of the time.

We aren't into having wine with our meal as we are more the water and tea type when eating meals.

We grill out doors winter / summer when it rains we move the grill under the patio cover and we like out door charcoal grilling. :thumbup2:

We are homebody's and stay at home as I guess we never cared for all of the public environment of restaurants and crowds.

We are into all types of fresh veggies when available at a farmers type market or the local farming college. :thumbup2:

We're just old. :)

Dull and boring. :)

Like to stay home. :)

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Being a retired tradesman with fast-food junk lunches, I've enjoyed cooking for decades, from BBQ (made my own sauces), comfort, but focus on elaborate gourmet (to my wife's delight). Upside is that what we serve is much better than any expensive restaurant can match, attested my many friends and guests over the years. Saves bucks too. Having a full-on modern kitchen and all accoutrements helps a lot.
We go out sometimes and enjoy it, if their chef is really good, plus no dishes to clean.
Though we have a nice dining room (for company) we usually eat on trays with a TV DVD on when by ourselves, oh well. Doesn't affect the taste for sure..
Beats the heck out of fried spam sandwiches with one of these skid-row wines, eh?

2014-01-16-bummain.jpg

BTW, my wife just poured a flute of Spanish rose champagne with a splash of Chambord to help 2018 along, bye!
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#4 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

I was just going to say dining's fine but what about the wine??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!!

skidrow ahhahahahahaaa! yeah those don't look even related to Riesling, pinot or the infamous Migraines are US! CHARDONNAY and all too soon that one will get out to all the small business employers and won't work anymore for benies or skipping work BOO!

edit:  ( benies/benefits -- no not the street tripe lingo)

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 01 January 2018 - 04:55 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#5 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

We are not wine drinkers but will throw back some box wine.  :thumbup2:

@r.a.d. the memory's your picture brought back from my young years of drinking.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users