Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Netstat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Windows 7.

I want to double check Task Manager > Processes against those listed in netstat.  I got to netstat

CMD > nestat -ano.

I am finding some established port connections in the netstat list that are not listed in Processes and want to find out more about them, where they are located on my computer, size, etc.  I am not techie so if you can help me, please simplify your answer, assuming I'm not really sure what I'm doing (and that would be accurate.) 

Here's something I found very odd.  For all I know, everything is fine and this should be.

From the Netstat list, I have an established connection on port 1908.  I looked it up and one use is by software called LapLink, which is used to transfer data from one computer to another.  This process is not listed under the Task Manager > Processes.  I just want to make sure this is as it should be.  I have had issues with missing files.

Thanks.

Edited by LittleGreenDots, 28 December 2017 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Some applications will configure firewall to accept incoming connections only way to stop application accepting incoming connections is to block the incoming connection for the application from firewall.

You can execute Netstat  -b command to display the executable involved in creating each connection or  listening port. 

Edited by FreeBooter, 28 December 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users