Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Si-Putih

Si-Putih

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

When I open the video, it will lag at the beginning of the video, only at the start of the video but audio is ok. While playing video games is also lagging, surfing are sometimes lagging. What should I do, is something wrong with my computer. Is there any software that i can use to check whether my computer is broken or not. Thank you.

My laptop spec

Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-40)
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (Unknown)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Unknown)
ForceWare version: 388.71
SLI Disabled

931GB TOSHIBA MQ02ABD100H (SATA)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robmac2017

robmac2017

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

If you have not had this problem before, it sounds like something is taking up your resources.  What operating system are you running?

RobMac

#3 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

And, what is the make and full model number of the laptop?

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#4 Si-Putih

Si-Putih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

If you have not had this problem before, it sounds like something is taking up your resources.  What operating system are you running?

RobMac

Windows 10 64bit

And, what is the make and full model number of the laptop?

I do not know.

#5 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:46 AM

If somebody peeled off the sticker with the serial number, I'd be worried about its status.  It may be underneath the battery; but, there really should be something with a model number, a serial number, and who made it.

I suspect, too, that you have a hybrid video (uses the 630 until you tax it then switches to the 1050).  If that is true, any drivers which did not come from the manufacturer could be pure poison as they need to be written to accommodate the switch.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#6 robmac2017

robmac2017

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

If the machine starts up and should tell you what operating system you have. Make and model should be on a tag somewhere on the bottom of the machine.

R.

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

When I start ay unit, I always make the first open window to be the file manager.  This allows you to see running processes and determine if one is hogging resources and causing a lag or delay in loading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users