Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[help] Formula Editing Online

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevenson

stevenson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

i am creating a website for our compulsory statistics course,the website should provide formula editing online.just like the following site:
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=132582

now i am considering using latex to reach the goal
my development condition is asp.net and the main web language is C#.

i have many books on asp.net and C#,but no books tell how to programme to provide the members of the forum the service of editing formulas online.
i have the main CGI source code, but don`t know how to embed it in the html pages.
it gets the LATEX instrctions from the clients and when a user opens a web page including such instrctions, it should replace the instructions with the corresponding formulas in the form of graphics (latex can do this,just like MathType) which is eventually returned to the client's.
man can be destoyed but not defeated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

I registered there to see how they allow members to use the latex functions. I cant seem to find any info there..as a member how do I add my formula so latex will output it?

#3 stevenson

stevenson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

you should use letex instructions in your passage.
for example: [tex]\int[/tex], this instruction means a calculus sign.
you can click the graphics in other people`s passages to download a .pdf file and get a letex crash-course.
man can be destoyed but not defeated.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

Ok this is not an easy mod and probably something best asked on vbulleting forums or the forum you are planning on doing it in. Basically the modified the source code for vbulletin to use a new bbcode. When this bbcode is parsed it runs latex and then inserts the output into the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users