Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why my phone battery lifespan is decreased permanently??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)

• Members
  • 467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

I have a Galaxy S8. Before yesterday, I went in Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery, I noticed my battery life had around 46 hours left at 100%.

Yesterday, my battery life went down to 36 hours left at 100%. Now it's under 35h and it continues to go down... Is that even normal??? I'm scared it will go down under 10h left!

My attached screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/dFr4X

Edited by Pat(rick), 27 December 2017 - 11:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,486 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

the time is only an estimate.......

its kind of like on a computer if you try to copy lets say 50G of data from one drive to another drive.....windows will estimate the time it will take, however that time may jump around and is not 100% accurate.....it may start at 4 hours, then 5 mins later it might go down to 2.5 hours.....etc etc.....

on a side note, im thinking about getting that phone next week.....

#3 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

It goes down and never go up. That's what make me worry :/

It was 46 hours, and my phone is idle, nothing is running in the background.

Now it's 34 hours, my phone is idle, nothing is running in the background. Why it's not 46h anymore? :S

Edited by Pat(rick), 27 December 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

because those are estimated times and after you disconnect the cable and it running on battery it will inform you estimated time depending on open apps in the background, CPU usage.  It's all just an estimate.

#5 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lets get this straight first of all, your phone battery is going to degrade slowly every time you charge it, that's just the way it is. Second of all, the software that estimates battery life, is never going to be 100% accurate. 

Until you notice the the battery actually isn't lasting very long, you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by C0bra, 31 January 2018 - 10:56 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users