Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buyer of Pros via OnForce, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hateway

hateway

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

I've been a local pro in my city and a buyer of other pros in 15 cities contracted for a national (USA) law firm. Considering a move to SOLELY BEING A BUYER given my age & lack of certifications. "Why do something when you can get someone else to do it for you" has worked well in the past & I treat ALL pros with common courtesy, round off their billings and pay immediately. I know how the system works from both sides, but the question remains:

How do you find the person-beyond-the-gatekeeper who manages procurement? In many cases, each company has an account with a portal and just publishes the work order. In others, the buyer is like me - with an established in-road. Is it all just about networking, and if so, how do you get to the procurement managers for national-chain banks, supermarkets, gas stations, etc.? I can't be the first that's asked this question!

22 days from now will mark my 13th year and I can't imagine doing anything else, but I need to facilitate logistics and handle back-end admin instead of constantly learning how to manage 'the wheel'. As always, I'm very humbled to be a part of this group and grateful for ANY input!

I've been a local pro in my city and a buyer in 15 cities contracted for a national (USA) law firm. Considering a move to SOLELY BEING A BUYER given my age & lack of certifications. "Why do something when you can get someone else to do it for you" has worked well in the past & I treat ALL pros with common courtesy, round off their billings and pay immediately. I know how the system works from both sides, but the question remains:

How do you find the person-beyond-the-gatekeeper who manages procurement? In many cases, each company has an account with a portal and just publishes the work order. In others, the buyer is like me - with an established in-road. Is it all just about networking, and if so, how do you get to the procurement managers for national-chain banks, supermarkets, gas stations, etc.? I can't be the first that's asked this question!

22 days from now will mark my 13th year and I can't imagine doing anything else, but I need to facilitate logistics and handle back-end admin instead of constantly learning how to manage 'the wheel'. As always, I'm very humbled to be a part of this group and grateful for ANY input!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

LinkedIn can give you a good lead.

There is nothing I love more than being able to tell sales people that I don't purchase anything, all decisions are made at the corporate level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users