Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Messenger And Hosts Files Error?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mountain1863

mountain1863

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:43 AM

does anybody have any idea as to how i can rectify this problem that i am having ive recently just moved into uni and the internet wont allow use of messenger 7.5 but does allow the new windows live to operate...i got on it the first night but now will not let me connect even though my other 5 flat mates have been doing but for some reason i cannot gain access to it ? the error code that appears is 800701f7 but when i check on the website to see if there is a problem with the messenger service everything is running fine. then onto the trouble shooting section everything gets a big green tick except the hosts files which i have no idea of how to find and how to modify because the trouble shooting application says its fixed it but never acctually does ? please if anybody could give me a point in the right direction or any clue as to where ive gone wrong even though all of the other internet services are running correctly i would be very appreciative thanks in advance

please reply ASAP i cant stand not chattin to my friends on the old internet :thumbsup: thanks :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:39 AM

It could be that the server is busy or down.

Here is an artricle with more information.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users