Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange blue lines going across my monitor screen?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HullSimplibus

HullSimplibus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

For some reason, there is strange blue lines going across my monitor screen whenever there is a white background, and it is certainly nothing to do with my monitor as when I use my PS4 on the same monitor it is fine. Sometimes there is also red pixels in dark backgrounds (mainly black) which can be very off putting. What could this be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It could be that your video card is failing.  I'd suggest updating your video drivers as a first step.  Does the problem happen if you connect another monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users