Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

weather application program, bad color, interferes with visibility

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

I can't find a way to change the color in the Weather application.  Today's color is a pinkish beige color and it interferes with visibility for reading the text information with varying light and medium spots.  There are a few settings but these do nothing, and are only for "light", "dark", or "default".  They do NOTHING.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

It would help if you post the name of this program.

If may also help if you post the make and model of this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Name of the program?  Like I said, "Weather".  That is the name of the program.  This is the program which comes with Windows 10.  When one opens the program the word, "Weather" appears in the upper left corner.  That's all.  Nothing more.  

Make and Model?  I will need to search for the box to give all the right information on this, but System - About -  shows  Lenovo , and no other model information.  Processor AMD A10,   3.5 GHz.  Product Family = Lenovo H50-55.

..., ...  I still do not know where the original packing box is.

Edited by cafejose, 27 December 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

Name of the program?  Like I said, "Weather". 

Lenovo H50-55.

Yep... you did say Weather, but you didn't mention that this was a Windows 10 application.  This could have been a third party program that you were posting about.  It helps if you are specific in situations like this.

There is a good article which explains the ins and outs of the Windows 10 Weather application at the How-ToGeek website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

Name of the program?  Like I said, "Weather". 

Lenovo H50-55.

Yep... you did say Weather, but you didn't mention that this was a Windows 10 application.  This could have been a third party program that you were posting about.  It helps if you are specific in situations like this.

There is a good article which explains the ins and outs of the Windows 10 Weather application at the How-ToGeek website.

Poor article.  It explains almost everything that I could find without using the article.  It tells nothing about controlling the color which the display uses, so this tells me that Weather display color and appearance cannot be changed and that different days, the display will be normal blue and other days the display will be a varying pink-beige, and the program contains no settings that can change or control this,

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

You do not need to quote my posts, it's just a waste of time and bandwidth.

What I posted was only meant to make the point that there isn't any real color control for this.  What you see is what you get.

#7 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

You do not need to quote my posts, it's just a waste of time and bandwidth.

What I posted was only meant to make the point that there isn't any real color control for this.  What you see is what you get.

I will try to remove some of the extra quoting from post #5, if I can figure it out properly.

Not able.  System will not give me the Edit link, so I cannot remove the extra quoted material.  

Edited by cafejose, 30 December 2017 - 02:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users