Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft account change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adams369

Adams369

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

I have a windows 10 computer creators version update. And it is a local admin account with no other accounts created. My son some how managed to link the pc to his microsoft account who by the way is 10 years old. I want to change it to my microsoft account to link my phone. because it keeps saying it is linked to his.

Problem is I looked in user accounts and it is still a local account. and I tried changing it through microsoft and deleting the account from the pc. still no luck I cant get this account to switch over to my outlook account 

When it prompts my to use a different account than that one as there are several outllook account on the pc It still doesn't give me the option to switch accounts. 

Can some body give me an idea about what the heck  is going on and how to delete this account or even switch to mine without an actual account in user accounts settings. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

The first thing that comes to mind is to have your son show you how they accomplished this.

Does your son have a admin account on your computer?

Have you tried creating another admin account to see if you can make changes?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users