Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement Batteries

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Hey All,

I have an APC UPS model RS 1500 which has 2 model HR1234W f2 type batteries.

Has anyone bought replacement batteries and if so where is the best place to buy replacement batteries.

Several different places online and wanted some suggestions from others own experience.

Thanks

Toolman

Edited by The-Toolman, 26 December 2017 - 11:57 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Amazon.com: Replacement Battery for APC Back-UPS RS 1500 - Kit of 2: Home Audio & Theater

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hey dc3,

Thanks that appears to be what I need and I don't think I will beat the price so off to place an order.

Toolman

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

:thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

[SOLVED]

Edited by The-Toolman, 26 December 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#6 The-Toolman

The-Toolman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hello All,

Received my batteries Yesterday and since it was so cold let them acclimate to room temperature before installing them into UPS unit.

Was an easy task with the exception of removing the old tape which kept them held together so wound up using some medical tape to hold them together.

All put together and plugged in and powered up all is well and after a few hours of in use charging will remove house power and make sure they hold.

Amazingly when I tested the old batteries they read 12 volts and 11 volts although that test was without any load on them and the fact there are signs of minor swelling I almost certain under load they would fail.

I guess the powers in charge have a way to mark this tread [SOLVED] as I see no way of doing that at my end.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

Bleeping Computer doesn't close topics unless the topic is causing problems, such as multiple topics by the same member on the same topic, or topics which are generating conflicts between members.

Just because the battery shows a charge of the proper voltage the battery may not be capable of producing the needed amperage required and not function properly.

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. :thumbup2:

#8 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 704 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

do you buy Original Equipment Manufacturer batteries or generics for cheap.

the generic batteries are crap just so you know, most of the time they have been refurbished and tested and they don't last but a year. 

here at my office we just buy new battery backups with a 3yr warranty.  because of the failure rate of generic replacement batteries.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

do you buy Original Equipment Manufacturer batteries or generics for cheap.

the generic batteries are crap just so you know, most of the time they have been refurbished and tested and they don't last but a year. 

here at my office we just buy new battery backups with a 3yr warranty.  because of the failure rate of generic replacement batteries.

The biggest problem with purchasing a new battery is that a great deal of people making the purchase don't understand what the two most important figures that need to be part of the search are the Voltage (usually around 19VDC) and the amperage which can be represented in either Ah (Amp hours) or A (Amps).  Using this criteria I have never purchased a battery or power adapter that wasn't correct for the intended computer.  I've also apparently have had much better luck with my batteries as I've only had a couple of bad batteries fresh from the retailer.

#10 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 704 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

we finally gave up on ordering replacement batteries, i deal with will over 80 currently running battery backups all are APC brand.   generic batteries never last long and buy the time you buy an OEM battery or Batteries you got more then half the cost of a new unit that comes with a 3yr warranty.  and every cheap replacement i've ordered only last a around a year and then have to be replaced again.

but a single unit the risk and isn't as costly if you replace it again in a short time, i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users