Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Logitech HD Webcam C615 software problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Q40

Q40

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

Right now, I really need help. I bought an HD C615 Webcam from Logitech & decided to install it. Before, I had a cheap model that was old & didn't make very good videos. But at least it ran until I turned it off. I'm not certain what kind of computer this is because my son put it together. It does run on Gigabyte motherboards. I have Windows 10, 

The new webcam's videos are just brilliant! Everything is crystal clear & lights even the darkest night. The only problem is when I try to record, the video will only stay on for a few minutes, then it will go off. I installed the software & updated it. That has not helped. I also have a YouCam 6 application that I had used for the other webcam. When I tried to use the new webcam on it, it recognized it, but kept bringing a dialogue box that said "It detected a Logitech webcam, do you want to switch to it?" When I click yes, the same dialogue box comes over & over. With the Logitech application, it only runs for a few minutes before going off & the picture doesn't update.

One thing I've noticed with the Logitech app, is that when the video goes off, the little icon that indicates the presence of a device in the usb hub briefly flickers on the bottom taskbar. Do you know what that might mean? I have a cord that runs from my computer to the webcam mounted in my window facing outdoors across the room. Could it be the cord?

Could it be an app somewhere? There was one in the notifications tab below on the taskbar. I clicked it & that seemed to make the problem go away. The video ran for over two hours. But the picture didn't update & there was no video in the tray afterward. The video doesn't update live either. I reinstalled the YouCam 6 application & it showed live coverage outside, but every few minutes the dialogue box from before would show up. I also tried to plug the new webcam directly into my computer. It's the same thing. I have no idea what I'm doing & how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users