Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD / DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (caused by XBOX WIFI Adapter)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

Hello everyone here, i found this Forum randomly on Google and hope that someone can help me here.

I recently purchased a XBOX WIFI Adapter to conecct my Controller without Cable to my PC.

Whenever i use that Adapter i get random Blue Screens and i dont know what causes it.

On the Microsoft Forums noone could really help me except for Copy and Paste.

Iam about to return that Adapter to the shop i got it from if i cant find a fix, so this might be the last option to get help here.

ERROR :  DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION   0x133

Blue Screen Viewer says its caused by ntoskrnl.exe

i heard that BSW is not that accurate tho.

What i have done so far:

Update all Drivers, including Chipset

chdsk command

Flash BIOS

tried different USB Port Drivers

used old drivers for that WIFI Adapter

Problem doesnt occur when not using WIFI Adapter so a hardware failure should not be the reason.  When controller is coneccted via USB Cable the PC runs 12 hrs + without any Errors.

System Specs:

ROG Strix Z270F

I7 7700k (turbo off) @ 4,2GHZ

RAM 16GB

GPU ASUS Strix 1070 OC

Running WINDOWS 10  (Build : 16299)

For any help i would be more than thankfull.

Hope everyone is having a nice Xmas and great Holidays.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hello there, sorry about that.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s4VYbtlKV0A5U8TO1VbZ2CE

srry, it took me a while to find how to attach files :'D

#4 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

iam told :

Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

RAR format doesnt work?

#5 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Now it works.

Attached Files

#6 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

Any News on this? 2People have downloaded the SysnativeFile. 

Could someone detect the Issue.

Sorry for bumping this, its just that days pass by and i dont have much time to return that Adapter so im still trying to find a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading

Have a nice Day everyone

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the tardy response.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports, even though there are records of BSODs in WER. Is your machine setup to create minidumps? Without dumps we're guessing in the dark.

You've exhausted nearly all options, very nice job troubleshooting. I notice you have a Realtek USB adapter according to MSInfo32. Devices such as these are notorious for causing BSODs and general problems. And the XBOX adapter is also another one of those wireless USB dongles. So double trouble...

The last thing I can suggest before returning it is to uninstall Avira. Antiviruses "hook on" to networking adapters very tightly and sometimes cause issues. See whether if that helps — Windows Defender will kick in for Avira automatically. If not return the whole thing while you can — it may be physically defective. You can always buy another one to troubleshoot.

I doubt Driver Verifier will be of any help here, but if you still have "return time" go ahead and run it Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Edited by bwv848, 26 December 2017 - 02:44 PM.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the tardy response.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports, even though there are records of BSODs in WER. Is your machine setup to create minidumps? Without dumps we're guessing in the dark.

You've exhausted nearly all options, very nice job troubleshooting. I notice you have a Realtek USB adapter according to MSInfo32. Devices such as these are notorious for causing BSODs and general problems. And the XBOX adapter is also another one of those wireless USB dongles. So double trouble...

The last thing I can suggest before returning it is to uninstall Avira. Antiviruses "hook on" to networking adapters very tightly and sometimes cause issues. See whether if that helps — Windows Defender will kick in for Avira automatically. If not return the whole thing while you can — it may be physically defective. You can always buy another one to troubleshoot.

I doubt Driver Verifier will be of any help here, but if you still have "return time" go ahead and run it Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Hello bwv848, thanks for looking at the Issue im having,

Yes i have a Realtek USB Adapter for WIFI, i remember the old driver use to cause problems back in August when i have build this PC.

After a Driver Update the Problem was gone.

What i have also tried is i disconeccted the Adapter just to make sure that Realtek is not causing it, without Success. I used once LAN instead and also tried while i was completly offline.

I might try what you have suggested and uninstall Avira.

My PC is setup for Mini Dumps by the way.  Right now the Log is gone tho. I could provoke another BSOD and then give you the Mini Dump File if that is okay with you?

I really think about returning it, 20 Euros that i spend on something that i cant even use, you probably noticed that my System is newly setup this Adapter even caused by Computer to Boot Loop like a week ago

and i had to set it up all over again what was really pulling on my nerves to be honest.

I was already thinking that some of my new Hardware is defect but noticed real quick that this Adapter is the Issue since everything works just fine even when benchmarking with newest Games for hours.

Thanks alot again for looking into it. If thats okay with the Mini Dump, just let me know.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

My PC is setup for Mini Dumps by the way.  Right now the Log is gone tho. I could provoke another BSOD and then give you the Mini Dump File if that is okay with you?

Sure!

#10 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Here it is, happend again just after using that Adapter for 10 Minutes :/

#11 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Mini DMP File

Attached Files

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Unfortunately that dump is essentially useless. Care to run Driver Verifier? When do you have to return it?

#13 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

Unfortunately that dump is essentially useless. Care to run Driver Verifier? When do you have to return it?

Nothing to be found?  

I can do that, just have to take a look at the Guide again :)

i have Time till Friday so its still a few days to go.

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

Haha, we have a zeroed stack:

0: kd> knL
 # Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
00 fffff803`7064cbc8 00000000`00000000 nt!KeBugCheckEx

Could be because it's a minidump. I can't get anything of great use out of it.

#15 xINDIVIDUUMx

xINDIVIDUUMx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Haha, we have a zeroed stack:

0: kd> knL
 # Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
00 fffff803`7064cbc8 00000000`00000000 nt!KeBugCheckEx

Could be because it's a minidump. I can't get anything of great use out of it.

Driver Verifier is now running.

Checked everything that is not MS related.

Might also try to uninstall AVIRA.

One question tho, if i try to run the Adapter now with Avira being uninstalled, will the Verifier reset?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users