Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Browser Stalling Every Hour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bad-People

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Firefox Browser

Windows 10

At exactly one hour intervals my browser will stall for a few seconds. Sound and video will still play, in fact the browser seems to work but my inputs will have a delay of a few seconds. If I click a link it won't go through or if I type something it won't spell out until a short time has passed.

Also if I have anything outside or have had anything outside the browser open I will be able to see this each time. A "not responding" bar will flash at the top of the browser then two to six seconds later it will flash again. In between those two I will not be able to input anything. It seems to be the same phenomenon but simply more visible.

If I close the browser and reopen it the timing will be reset. It will now happen each hour at the time (or about a minute after) I reopened the browser. So if say I open the browser at 6:40 I will get this stall at 7:40-7:41, 8:40-8:41, 9:40-9:41, etc.

It's not catastrophic it's just a little annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bad-People

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

Any ideas?

#3 Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,642 posts
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

There is only you and me watching this topic....so the chances of you getting someone else to chime in are not so good......So.....

This sounds very much like a "task'....in task manager.......

Please establish a RESTORE POINT before you do anything......or if you are in the habit of making backups....take an image now. (You should be doing this...especially with win 10)

Then....read at the following link. Hopefully you will pick up what it is that "interrupts" each and every hour...

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users