Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dead outlook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 groucho69

groucho69

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

After a WIN10 update outlook wants to reinstall from original office disk. We moved last year and I cannot find any of my software. Outlook will not repair. So I installed Thunderbird and tried to import contacts and emails. No way. Is there a solution short of start over?

Attached File  MSOPP.jpg   70.83KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

Have you tried to do a System Restore?

Remember to use a restore point dated  prior to the update.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 groucho69

groucho69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Will that not then make the update that caused the issue to run again?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

N

Will that not then make the update that caused the issue to run again?

Not if the update installed successfully.  This can be determined by opening the Control Panel, select Programs and Features, click/tap on View installed updates found in the upper left portion of the page to see what updates were successfully installed.  If it was successful the update will not repeat.  If the update failed it needs to be downloaded and installed. 

If this was the authors fall update 1709 I would wait a few days for the update to work through the repair.  If there are still problems after that amount of time it will be worth taking a further look.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users