Lexar Up And Running Again
Well, I don't know if they ever stopped operations, but at least they are moving forward. All the Text on the Right side of that Link are other Links to their Articles.
I just saw today "New" by the "Lexar® JumpDrive® TwistTurn USB 2.0 Flash Drive, 16GB, Purple, LJDTT16GAMODV" Entries at officedepot.com. So can only assume that they are indeed new as I've never seen that before.
I know they have taken ALL Lexar products off the shelf in stores by me but are still selling them online. And in some stores they have stock but not displayed. So if anyone wants the old Micron drives get em while you can. Like John says though, NAND is NAND for the most part. I think if you are just copying files and saving them, updating them, deleting them all is good, but flash drives can be damaged, don't ask how I know...hehe.
I post this because I love the Lexar Twist USB Flash Drives and I'll tell you why again:
1. They fit side by side in a laptop easily and have a relatively low profile while doing so.
2. Have a nice ring for a lanyard that doubles as a cover that you cannot lose.
3. Construction seems solid for plastic and better than most.
4. Doesn't have those wanky little Slide Switches that never lock out properly.
5. LED Light makes it easy to see when your files are finished being worked on: This is especially nice when you are in a hurry and want to Eject the USB and you can see when it is done.